148 calories | 8g carbs | 8g fat (1g sat fat) | 2g protein | 48mg sodium | 4g fiber | 8g total sugars (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 4 for $6.00
This heart-healthy, low-carb recipe is a delicious twist on traditional spaghetti.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (2-3 pounds), cut in half and remove seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil, oregano, thyme
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush a baking dish with 1 tablespoons of oil and place the squash flat side down. Bake 30-45 minutes, checking after 30 minutes for tenderness. When a fork can easily pierce through the skin it is done. Allow to cool slightly.
- Scoop out flesh into a bowl. Toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and fresh herbs.
Toss in cooked chopped chicken or canned chicken and tomato sauce.