80 calories | 5g carbs | 7g fat (1g sat fat) | 0.5g protein | 14mg sodium | 1g fiber per serving
Serves 4 for $6.00
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (2-3 pounds), cut in half and seeds scooped out
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs (basil, oregano, thyme)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Brush a baking dish with 1 tablespoons of oil and place the squash flat side down. Bake 30-45 minutes, checking after 30 minutes for tenderness. When a fork can easily pierce through the skin it is done. Allow to cool slightly.
- Scoop out flesh into a bowl. Toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and fresh herbs.
Toss in cooked chopped chicken and tomato sauce.