252 calories | 34g carbs | 8g fat (4g sat fat) | 12g protein | 484mg sodium | 8g fiber | 2g sugar (0 added sugar) per serving
Serves 6 for $3.60
This kid-friendly, vegetarian recipe is not only delicious but can be made for under $4.00.
- 6 taco-size corn tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can beans (black, kidney, or red), with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped (stems included)
- Juice of 1 lime or 2 tablespoons lime juice concentrate
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cilantro, and lime.
- Place the tortillas on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for a few minutes, then remove.
- Top each tortilla with about ½ cup filling and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 5 more minutes until the cheese is melted.
Try different kinds of beans in this recipe such as red, pinto, or kidney beans.