370 calories | 34g carbs | 13g fat (2g sat fat) | 8g protein | 362mg sodium | 3g fiber per serving
Serves 4 for $4.22
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 bunch kale, leaves removed from stem, roughly chopped
- ½ cup no salt added diced tomatoes, juice reserved
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 small flour tortillas, fajita size
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil. In a large non-stick skillet (that has a lid) over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the kale, tomatoes, chili powder and a little juice from the canned tomatoes. Cover and cook 10-15 minutes until the kale is tender, adding more reserved juice from the tomatoes as needed. Transfer kale to a bowl and wipe out the pan.
- Place kale filling on half of each tortilla and sprinkle each half with ¼ cup cheese. Fold in half.
- Heat remaining oil over medium heat. Place two quesadillas in the pan and cook 4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and cook 3 more minutes. Cook the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut into triangles and enjoy.
For a dipping sauce, combine the remaining 1 cup of canned tomatoes with 2 tablespoons chopped onion, 1 teaspoon chili powder, and some crushed red pepper flakes. Enjoy as a dipping sauce for the quesadillas.