231 calories | 18g carbs | 15g fat (4g sat fat) | 7g protein | 418mg sodium | 2g fiber | 1g sugar (0 added sugar) per serving
Serves 4 for $4.22
This kid-friendly recipe is a great way to sneak vegetables into a meal.
- 4 small flour tortillas, fajita size
- 1 bunch kale, roughly chopped
- ½ cup canned diced tomatoes, no salt added, juice reserved
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil. In a large non-stick skillet (that has a lid) over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the kale, tomatoes, chili powder and a little juice from the canned tomatoes. Cover and cook 10 minutes until the greens are tender, adding more reserved juice from the tomatoes as needed. Transfer the greens to a bowl and wipe out the pan.
- Place the greens on half of each tortilla and sprinkle each half with cheese. Fold in half.
- Heat remaining oil over medium heat. Place two quesadillas in the pan and cook 4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and cook 3 more minutes. Cook the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut into triangles and enjoy.
Instead of kale, you can use fresh, canned, or frozen Swiss chard, rainbow chard, collard, mustard, turnip, or radish greens.