30 calories | 8g carbs | 0g fat (0g sat fat) | 0g protein | 0mg sodium | 1g fiber | 7g total sugar (5g added sugar) per serving
Serves 8.Cost varies
This heart-healthy recipe is the perfect topping for pancakes or toast.
- 2 cups fresh fruit, chopped if needed (can also substitute with frozen fruit)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons sugar or honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Combine 1 cup of the fruit, water, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan and cook over medium high heat until mixture comes to a boil
- Add the rest of the fruit, lower to medium heat and cook for another 5-8 minutes, stirring frequently
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Pears, apples, oranges, peaches, blueberries, cranberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, cherries, or any combination of these.
Lemon zest, orange zest, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, vanilla extract, fresh mint leaves.
Serve over oatmeal, plain yogurt, spread on toast with any nut butter, top pancakes, waffles, French toast, cheese and crackers.