260 calories | 6g carbs | 12g fat (3g sat fat) | 30g protein | 220mgsodium | 1g fiber | 3g sugar per serving
Serves 4 for $7.61.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded to an even thickness
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried basil, thyme, or oregano leaves
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, with juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon blank pepper
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken, and cook 4 minutes. Flip and cook another 4 minutes. Turn off the heat, transfer the chicken to a cutting board, cut into 1-inch strips and set aside.
- Heat the pan over medium and add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and dried herbs, and cook 15 seconds, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add the tomatoes with juice and bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes until sauce thickens a bit. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the sliced chicken to the pan, stir to coat with sauce, and allow to warm through, about 5 minutes. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Make it a Meal:
- Enjoy with brown rice or pasta.
- Choose no salt added canned tomatoes to lower sodium content.