270 calories | 6g carbs | 9g fat (3.5g sat fat) | 29g protein | 370mg sodium | 1g fiber per serving
Serves 4 for $6.15
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded to an even thickness
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried basil, thyme, or oregano leaves
- 1 (15–ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, with juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken, and cook 4 minutes.
- Flip and cook another 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, transfer the chicken to a cutting board, cut it into 1-inch strips, and set aside.
- Heat the pan over medium and add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic and dried herbs, and cook 15 seconds, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the tomatoes with juice and bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes until sauce thickens a bit. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the sliced chicken to the pan, stir to coat with sauce, and allow to warm through, about 5 minutes.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Make it a Meal:
Enjoy with brown rice or pasta.
Keep it Natural:
Choose no salt added canned tomatoes to lower sodium content