226 calories | 32g carbs | 8g total fat (1g sat fat) | 9g protein | 412mg sodium | 10g fiber | 4g sugar (0 added sugar) per serving
Serves 4 for $6.35
This no-cook recipe is perfect for enjoying as a part of dinner or as a dip when hosting people.
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 small bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 small or ½ large red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime or 2 tablespoons of concentrated lime juice
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Add the beans, corn, peppers, onions, and cilantro. Mix to combine.
- Let sit for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to come together.
Reduce Food Waste
When using fresh, soft herbs such as cilantro or parsley, do not waste the stems! These stems have the same flavors as the leaves with added crunch. Stretch your food dollars by using the entire plant.
Rinsing Canned Goods
Look for No Salt Added or Low Sodium canned goods, but when these options are not available, rinsing and draining canned produce can reduce the sodium levels by up to 40%.