262 calories | 28g carbs | 4g fat (3g sat fat) | 6g protein | 463mg sodium | 4g fiber | 3g sugar (2g added sugar) per serving
Serves 8 for $7.90
This no-cook, vegetarian recipe is perfect for an easy lunch for all ages.
- 1 bunch radishes (about 4-6), thinly sliced
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to season the salad dressing
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Small head of lettuce (or 2-3 cups of greens)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a small bowl, combine the radishes, vinegar, sugar, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt. Set aside 15 minutes.
- Using a jar with a lid, add the mayonnaise, yogurt, parsley, lemon juice, ¼ cup water and a pinch of salt and shake together. Add more water if needed for desired consistency. These ingredients can be whisked together in a small bowl instead of a jar.
- Drain the radishes, and add to black eyed peas.
- Divide evenly among the flour tortillas. Add two pieces of lettuce and drizzle salad dressing on top. Fold the bottom third of the tortillas and bring the sides towards the center. Dip into more salad dressing.
Prepare the black-eyed pea and radish salad ahead of time and make this dish for a quick dinner.