180 calories | 14g fat (2g sat fat) | 250mg sodium | 13g carbs | 6g fiber | 2g protein per serving
Serves 4 for $4.00
- 1 medium eggplant (1 lb.)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 can no-salt-added tomatoes (15 oz.)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Prepare your ingredients: chop the eggplant into 1-inch pieces, finely chop the garlic, drain and chop the tomatoes reserving the juices.
- In a large pot or skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until hot.
- Sauté the eggplant until lightly browned. Stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomatoes with the tomato juices and cook until the eggplant is very tender.
- Season with salt.
- Recipe Tips: Add another ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes for a spicier dish.
Make it a Meal:
Serve this dish with 1 cup of cooked brown rice and a side salad for a complete meal