222calories | 35g carbs | 6g fat (1g sat fat) | 8g protein | 315mg sodium | 1g fiber | 1g total sugar (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 6 for $5.10
This heart-healthy, vegetarian recipe is also kid-friendly!
- 1 sweet potato, baked
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro, stems included
- 2 tablespoons oil, plus more to oil the pan
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and oil two baking sheets. In a large bowl, scoop out the flesh of the sweet potato. Add the mashed beans, curry powder, cilantro, and salt and mix to combine.
- Line baking sheets with wonton wrappers. Place 1 teaspoon filling in the center of each wonton. Have a small cup of water nearby to wet your fingers. Fold skin over, forming a triangle and wet the edges with your fingers to seal shut. Brush the tops with oil.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until edges of wontons are browned. Set aside on a plate and allow to cool slightly.
For a Tex-Mex flavor, replace the curry powder with chili powder and add 2 tablespoons salsa to the mixture.
Reduce Food Waste
When using fresh, soft herbs such as cilantro or parsley, do not waste the stems! These stems have the same flavors as the leaves with added crunch. Stretch your food dollars by using the entire plant.