153 calories | 20g carbs | 5g fat (0.8g sat fat) | 12g protein | 380mg sodium | 4g fiber per serving
Serves 6 for $5.10
- 2 tablespoons oil, plus more to oil the pan
- 1 sweet potato, baked
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and oil two baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, scoop out the flesh of the sweet potato.
- Add the mashed beans, curry powder, cilantro, and salt and mix to combine.
- Line baking sheets with wonton wrappers. Place 1 teaspoon filling in the center of each wonton. Have a small cup of water nearby to wet your fingers.
- Fold skin over, forming a triangle and wet the edges with your fingers to seal shut.
- Brush the tops with oil.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until edges of wontons are browned.
- Set aside on a plate and allow to cool slightly.
For a Tex-Mex flavor, replace the curry powder with chili powder and add 2 tablespoons salsa to the mixture.