78 calories | 6g carbs | 6g fat (1g sat fat) | 3g protein | 138mg sodium | 2g fiber | 1g total sugars (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 5 for $2.40
- 10 ounces chopped kale leaves (about one small bunch), washed, thoroughly dried, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons oil, such as grapeseed, olive, or avocado oil
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Add kale to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with oil. Use hands to massage the kale until all the leaves are coated and the kale becomes a darker green color. Set aside. Combine spices in separate bowl and mix thoroughly. Add spice mixture to the kale and toss with hands.
- Divide kale between 2 large baking sheets and spread into an even single layer, making sure the pieces aren’t overlapping to ensure crispiness.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and toss/flip kale. Bake for 5-10 minutes more, or until chips are crispy and golden brown. Check occasionally, being careful not to burn the kale.
- If storing for later, allow to cool and store in a closed plastic container up to 3 days. These are most crisp within 1 day.
- Enjoy on their own as a crispy snack or with a sandwich or soup.
Sprinkle your favorite spices or ingredients on top, like Parmesan cheese, dried oregano leaves, chili powder, curry powder and more.