310 calories | 27g carbs | 20g fat (4g sat fat) | 9g protein | 423mg sodium | 6g fiber | 4g sugar (1g added sugar) per serving
Serves 8 for $4.30
This kid-friendly recipe is a great way to sneak vegetables into a meal.
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- ½ head red or green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded using the large holes of a box grater
- 4 tablespoons oil, divided
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add cabbage and cook 10 minutes until cabbage begins to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots and cook 5 more minutes.
- Move mixture to a bowl and wipe out the pan.
- Place ½ cup of the filling on one half of a tortilla, fold in half, and press down. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Skillet and cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges and enjoy with the peanut dipping sauce
Peanut Dipping Sauce
Combine ½ cup peanut butter, 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon vinegar.
Stir together and slowly add water with either a spoon or a whisk until the texture is to your liking for dipping or spreading.