106 calories | 7g carbs | 8g fat (1g sat fat) | 2g protein | 163mg sodium | 4g fiber | 4g total sugars (1g added sugar) per serving
Serves 8 for $5.05
- Half a head of cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 green onions
- 2 large carrots
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 ½ tablespoons crunchy natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Prepare your ingredients: cut cabbage and red bell pepper into thin strips, chop green onion (see cutting tip below), peel and grate carrots, and chop cilantro.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Toss the cabbage, red bell pepper, carrots, green onions, and cilantro with the dressing.
Read the Labels
Avoid peanut butters that contain hydrogenated oils, which can increase your bad cholesterol and put you at greater risk for heart disease.
Reduce Food Waste
When using fresh, soft herbs such as cilantro or parsley, do not waste the stems! These stems have the same flavors as the leaves with added crunch. Stretch your food dollars by using the entire plant.