110 calories | 8g carbs | 8g fat (0.5g sat fat) | 2g protein | 170mg sodium | 2g fiber per serving
Serves 8 for $5.05
- Half a head of cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 green onions
- 2 large carrots
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 3 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ½ Tablespoons crunchy natural peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce 2 teaspoons sugar
- Prepare your ingredients: cut cabbage and red bell pepper into thin strips, chop green onion (see cutting tip below), peel and grate carrots, and chop cilantro.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Toss the cabbage, red bell pepper, carrots, green onions, and cilantro with the dressing.
When cutting green onions, use all of the onion except for the last 2 inches of the dark green portion. Make sure to cut off the small root at the white tip of the onion
Kick up the Spice:
Add chili peppers to this salad for extra spice
Keep it Natural:
Buy natural peanut butter to avoid hydrogenated oils, which are bad for your heart