351 calories | 28g carbs | 14g fat (2g sat fat) | 30g protein | 384mg sodium | 5g fiber | 9g sugar (0g added sugar) per serving
Serves 4 for $9.92
This delicious recipe with brown rice makes a perfect dinner.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 (15-ounce) can, low sodium, corn
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Prepare your ingredients: chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces, finely chop garlic, dice tomatoes, and drain corn.
- In a large pan, bring two tablespoons oil to a sizzle over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until lightly browned, adding ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Remove the chicken from the pan. Reduce the heat to low. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan and add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook while stirring for 15 seconds. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the corn and cilantro to pan. Return chicken with any juices into the pan.
Substitute Canned Chicken
Swap out one 12 ounce can of chicken breast for every two small chicken breasts in any recipe!
For something different, substitute ground turkey for the chicken, or use high protein plant foods like white beans or chickpeas.