330 calories | 24g carbs | 14g fat (2g sat fat) | 28g protein | 390mg sodium | 2g fiber per serving
Serves 4 for $4.20
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 can no-salt-added tomatoes (15 oz.)
- 1 can no-salt-added corn (15 oz.)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup cilantro
- Prepare your ingredients: chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces, finely chop garlic, dice tomatoes, and drain corn.
- In a large pan, bring 2 Tbs. oil to a sizzle over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the chicken until lightly browned.
- Remove the chicken from the pan. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add remaining 1 Tbs. oil to the pan and add the garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Cook while stirring for 15 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add corn and cilantro to pan.
- Return chicken with any juices into the pan. Season with the salt.
Substitute ground turkey for the chicken. Also, remember to cook chicken at high heat for a short amount of time to avoid over-cooking.
Grow Your Own:
Cilantro is an easy herb to grow year round on your windowsill
Keep it Natural:
Choose no salt added canned tomatoes to lower sodium content