342 calories | 40g carbs | 10g fat (2g sat fat) | 10g protein | 94mg sodium | 2g fiber per serving
Serves 4 for $1.36
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet that has a lid over medium heat.
- Add the rice to the pan, and using the back of a spoon or measuring cup, evenly spread the rice to the edge of the pan, forming a circle. Allow the rice cake to cook until the bottom starts to brown, about 10 minutes. Lower the heat slightly if the bottom starts to brown too quickly.
- Make 4 indentations with a spoon and crack the eggs on top.
- Cover and allow the eggs to cook until the whites are set, about 5 minutes; cook longer for a firm yolk.
- Cut into slices and top with your favorite condiments.
Good Food Fast:
Having cooked rice on hand in the fridge makes this a quick recipe to come together on a weeknight.
Cooking brown rice as you would pasta takes simplifies the cooking. Fill a medium sized saucepan two thirds to the top with water and bring to a boil. Add 1 ½ cups brown rice and cook 20 minutes. Drain off the water, return the rice to the pan, and cover 10 minutes.