276 calories | 32g carbs | 10g fat (2g sat fat) | 15g protein | 307mg sodium | 2g fiber | 21g sugar (6g added sugar) per serving
Serves 6 for $6.00
This heart-healthy, kid-friendly recipe is a fun twist on a casserole.
- 2 tablespoons oil plus more for greasing the pan
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) container low fat cottage cheese
- 2 large carrots, shredded using the large holes of a box grater
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and oil a 9×13 glass or metal baking dish.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook according to the package.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, carrots, eggs, raisins, cinnamon, and sugar. Add the cooked and drained egg noodles and combine. Pour into the greased baking dish and bake covered with aluminum foil for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 15 more minutes or until the casserole is bubbly and the edges are browned.
Egg noodles generally come in 12 ounce packages. Cook the whole package and set aside the leftovers for a stir fry. Sauté chopped veggies in a large pan, add a little soy sauce, and set aside in the pan. Add 3 beaten eggs and cook until set. Toss in noodles.