154 calories | 17g carbs | 9g fat (1.5g sat fat) | 4g protein | 102mg sodium | 7g fiber per serving
Serves 8 for $4.55
- 1 pound collard greens, stems removed and sliced into ribbons
- 1 small onion, shredded using the large holes of a box grater
- 2 carrots shredded using the large holes of a box grater
- 2 apples shredded using the large holes of a box grater
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Combine the collard greens, onion, carrots and apples in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the collard green mixture and combine well to coat all of the vegetables.
- Allow to sit 2 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to come together.
Fold into a small flour tortilla with a fried egg or cooked and chopped chicken breast
Waste Less Food
Carrots and apples starting to go bad? This is a great recipe to add on the brink fruits and veggies as they are shredded and added into the mix of flavors.