Crowdfunding helps the Capital Area Food Bank fund hunger relief efforts in an engaging and meaningful way. Join the movement to end hunger and encourage healthy lifestyles across Greater Washington by supporting our crowdfunding site each time you run, bike or swim a race in the area!
Fit to Feed
Fitness is a big part of a balanced healthy diet. This fall, three great organizations are partnering with the CAFB to enhance Greater Washington’s hunger awareness. As Hunger Action Month continues, join one of our Fit to Feed fundraiser events, help us #fillthebowl and be a part of the region’s largest hunger relief organization here at #healthrun.
While on your run, consider donating $1 for each mile ran to provide 2.5 meals for those in need!
- Woodrow Wilson Bridge Half Marathon & 6K
- Location: Mount Vernon to National Harbor
- Date/Time: 10/4/15 @ 7:00 AM
- Fun Run
- Location: 3338 M Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20007
- Date/Time: 10/10/15 @ 9AM 3338 M Street NW, Washington, DC 20007
- Sponsor: City Sports
- Walk For Humanity: 5K Run & Walk Against Hunger
- Location: Rock Creek Park – Intersection of 16th NW & Kennedy St. NW
- Date/Time: 10/10/15 @ 7 AM
- Sponsor: MKA USA
On behalf of the Capital Area Food Bank, we would like to mention special thanks to our sponsors City Sports, Humanity First, and MKA USA for supporting us and helping raise awareness for hunger awareness in the Washington metro area.