We envision a community in which everyone has access to sufficient nutritious food.
The mission of the Capital Area Food Bank is to help our neighbors thrive by creating more equitable access to food and opportunity through community partnerships.
We believe that access to nutritious food is a basic human right. We are committed to responding to the needs of our community through food distribution and support services.
- We value respect, compassion and honesty in all interactions and activities.
- We value actively listening and learning; appreciating the worth and diversity of each person.
- We value nutrition education and advocacy programs that lead toward self sufficiency and sustainable food systems.
- We value the wise use of resources, creating new ways to improve our services and effectively utilizing community support that sustains our work.
- We value our staff and volunteers and their diverse talents, backgrounds, passion and commitment to the community.
- We value excellence in leadership. Our role in the community is to be servant leaders and partners for social change.
- We value creativity, the pursuit of knowledge and the sharing of expertise that result in social justice.