143 calories | 22g carbs | 5g fat (1g sat fat) | 3g protein | 150 mg sodium | 2g fiber per serving
Serves 6 for $4.48
- 1 pound boiling potatoes, Yukon Gold or red
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Place the potatoes in a medium pot, and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain and cover with cold water. Let cool for 10 minutes, then drain again.
- Cut the cooled potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the potatoes and toss to coat. Add scallions and parsley to the salad, and toss to mix well.
Use the whole scallion, both the white and green parts. Substitute cilantro or mint for parsley.
Good for You:
Potatoes are a great source of potassium, which can help prevent muscle cramping.
It’s important not to keep potatoes in a lighted area because the exposure to light will decrease their shelf life.