Capital Area Food Bank food assistance partners receive access
to donated products, fresh produce and USDA emergency food commodities, which allow them to redirect funds normally spent on food to other social service programs.
Important for Winter: Inclement Weather Policy
Please review and share, our inclement weather procedure so you know what to expect on days when the weather is questionable and the CAFB must decide on closing for the day or a delayed opening. Please note, we do not follow government closures when deciding on opening, closing, or an early dismissal for the food bank. On days when there is questionable weather, the CAFB will follow these procedures:
- The main food bank phone number ( 202-644-9800 ) is updated with a voice message announcing our opening status.
- CAFB website and Facebook account are updated with opening status information.
- CAFB opening status will appear among the scrolling weather list on ABC channel 7 news.
- If delay, all shopping partner pickups that fall within the time period of the delay are cancelled and will be rescheduled. Once the food bank opens, the remaining scheduled appointments will remain the same. Smart Shopping and offsite workshops will be cancelled in the event of a weather delay.
- In the event of weather closure, no pickups, shopping slots, or deliveries will occur; all will be contacted about cancellation.
Become a Partner
Regional Fact Sheets
Nutrition & Education
- Agency Achievement Academy
- Recipes from the CAFB Kitchen
- Produce Guides
- Core Foods Regularly Available at CAFB (PDF)
Safe Food Handling
Partner Communications Toolkit
For more information send an email to email@example.com or call 202-644-9822 or 703-541-3063.