|CAFB DOES NOT FOLLOW FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES FOR INCLEMENT WEATHER DECISIONS. For a status update, call 202-644-9800 or check the scrolling weather list on ABC Channel 7 news. If CAFB delays opening, pickups and shopping slots are pushed back by that amount of hours. In the event of weather closure, no pickups, shopping slots or deliveries will occur. We will contact you to reschedule.|
Capital Area Food Bank food assistance partners receive access to donated products, fresh produce and USDA emergency food commodities, which allow them to redirect funds normally spent on food to other social service programs.
Nutrition & Education
- Agency Achievement Academy
- Recipes from the CAFB Kitchen
- Core Foods Regularly Available at CAFB (PDF)
Safe Food Handling
Food Bank News
- Reminder: CAFB is closed on Monday May 25th for Memorial Day #,
- Yes that's our CEO @nancyroman1 planting at Clagett farm!We love volunteering 2 grow veggies they give 2 our partners http://t.co/IrT8zti3Hz #,
- Food Bank volunteers ready to plant @Clagett Farm, which gives our partners tons of local produce for their clients! http://t.co/y8Kgy9akpJ #,
- @andyshallal will keynote #hungersummit because "in our abundant society we still have people that have to go hungry" http://t.co/XyIpEcNvNZ #,
- "In our abundant society we still have people hungry.It's not availability of resources-it's priorities" @andyshallal http://t.co/mKcFsBFGvB #,
For more information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-644-9822 or 703-541-3063.