Capital Area Food Bank food assistance partners receive access to donated products, fresh produce and USDA emergency food commodities, which allow them to redirect funds normally spent on food to other social service programs.
Nutrition & Education
- Agency Achievement Academy
- Recipes from the CAFB Kitchen
- Core Foods Regularly Available at CAFB (PDF)
Safe Food Handling
Food Bank News
- Proud to sponsor Service to Justice conference w/ @FairBudgetDC. Register to attend next Fri/Sat, January 30th & 31st http://t.co/EG9cPbMkNs #,
- Our Safeway bags are a crazy steal at $1 for all of the food u see in this pic! Item 703955, place your order today! http://t.co/brLgkQ3GL7 #,
- Kicking off #foodtank day 2 w/ @sarujayaraman of @rocunited, which fights for food worker rights--8 of 10 lowest paying jobs in US are food #,
- 5,000 farmers markets across the U.S. are accepting SNAP-who says we don’t have real progress? --@michelnischan of @wholesomewave #foodtank #,
- "It's always progress to integrate the garden w/ the kitchen"--@lovencarrotsDC, educating about what goes into growing a tomato! #foodtank #,
For more information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-644-9822 or 703-541-3063.