|CAFB DOES NOT FOLLOW FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES FOR INCLEMENT WEATHER DECISIONS. For a status update, call 202-644-9800 or check the scrolling weather list on ABC Channel 7 news. If CAFB delays opening, pickups and shopping slots are pushed back by that amount of hours. In the event of weather closure, no pickups, shopping slots or deliveries will occur. We will contact you to reschedule.|
Capital Area Food Bank food assistance partners receive access to donated products, fresh produce and USDA emergency food commodities, which allow them to redirect funds normally spent on food to other social service programs.
Nutrition & Education
- Agency Achievement Academy
- Recipes from the CAFB Kitchen
- Core Foods Regularly Available at CAFB (PDF)
Safe Food Handling
Food Bank News
- Thnx @nokidhungry for supporting our cooking&nutrition education work with Taste of the Nation proceeds--great party! http://t.co/pyiyoFolmu #,
- @WhitneyPipkin covers new DC Food Policy Council in @Edible_DC Dept of Homefood Security column http://t.co/6rzy044inX @marycheh @chefspike #,
- Check out what our @FoodCorps member Valentina, w/ #Brainfood & #dcdpr, cranked out at Hart: 3-bin composter! http://t.co/DDgYQd7SfG @OSSEDC #,
- Excited to announce @andyshallal will keynote at our upcoming CAFB Hunger Summit! Make sure you register soon: http://t.co/ZXd1Ih4aUK #,
- 120,000 meals can be provided thanks to @wamu885's recent fundraising campaign-thnx to the station & its supporters! http://t.co/uWDjlpbs1Q #,
For more information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-644-9822 or 703-541-3063.