Volunteer Leaders are essential to the success of the Capital Area Food Bank’s Volunteer Programs Department. They represent the food bank at various special events and volunteer opportunities throughout the region to ensure everything goes smoothly and that volunteers have a positive experience.
- Manage the volunteer department desk on Saturday and select evening shifts and provide support to volunteers entering into the volunteer lounge and salvage areas.
- Assists Salvage department with the supervision of volunteers by providing orientations, instructions and support.
- Helping with the set up and break down of volunteer projects.
- Represent the food bank at fairs, events, and food drives and communicate the mission of the of the food bank to interested parties.
- Collect monetary or food donations at fairs or food drives and bring them back to the Capital Area Food Bank
- Manage a table at an event with food bank promotional material
- Create a positive environment for volunteers, increasing volunteer retention
- At least 18 years of age
- Physically: must be able to stand, stoop, bend & kneel
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to lead groups of volunteers
To sign up, please contact Ellen Mackall at email@example.com or 202-644-9835.