Act Locally: Fight Hunger in Your CommunityHunger is here, in every neighborhood in our region. Ready to create change in your community? Join the Movement.
|GIVE TO KIDS FAMILIES AND SENIORS
We need our community – the food bank’s support comes from people just like you. When 10 of your friends give the cost of a cup of coffee, 100 meals will go to our neighbors in need.
• Raise funds to help the CAFB provide nutritious food to neighbors every day of every year, by starting your own Digital Food Drive or setting up a Facebook Fundraiser.
• Bring your friends to our next event: Help get food to the community, and have fun while doing it! Our events raise funds and awareness. Register your group today.
• Get your company involved: We bring coworkers together in so many ways; please contact our Corporate Partnerships team to learn more about how join the movement!
|LEARN ABOUT THE HUNGER AROUND YOU
Tour: visit the Capital Area Food Bank’s distribution center, and see how we get 44 million pounds of good food to 540,000 people each year. Our warehouse is the size of two football fields!
Face Hunger: the CAFB’s own interactive workshop will open your eyes to the realities of hunger by putting you in the shoes of someone experiencing it.
Explore the Hunger Heat Map: take a look at the hunger in your own neighborhood, using the tool that the Washington Post called “the technology that could revolutionize the war on hunger. This tool is especially powerful when viewed together by a group of neighbors.
• Our Hunger Heat Map Talking Points provide simple information to help you present the Interactive Hunger Heat Map to others, and to take steps to address hunger in your community.
|SHARE AND SPREAD THE WORD
• Help neighbors find food and other services near them by directing them to the Food Bank Network.
• Share the CAFB’s 85 recipes with your friends—they’re a free resource for cooking delicious, healthy, and affordable meals at home.
• Share our produce guides: Many farmer’s markets across the Washington area are distributing our printed resources, to enable shoppers to buy fruits and vegetables with the confidence to use them. If you’d like a stack for your farmers market, please contact our nutrition education coordinator.
|ADVOCATE AND USE YOUR VOICE
Policy matters. Sign up to stay connected to the food bank’s advocacy work and to lend your voice on important issues related to hunger and poverty.