The Capital Area Food Bank receives food from numerous sources, including Feeding America’s national food resources system, retailers, whole-sale distributors, reclaimed centers, and food drives. Last year, CAFB distributed 27 million pounds of food to the Washington, DC metro area.
- Order food from CAFB
- Receive free government commodities through the USDA/TEFAP program
- Connect with local grocery and retail stores through Partner Direct
- Provide food to seniors through the Brown Bag program
- Establish a large-scale distribution with a Mobile Food Pantry
- Provide emergency food referrals with the Hunger Lifeline
- Learn the basics with Shopping 101 and Partnership 101