The Capital Area Food Bank is taking hunger off the map.
There are nearly a half million people in the Washington metropolitan area who often aren’t sure where their next meal will come from. Working with its network of 450+ food assistance partners, the Capital Area Food Bank provides meals to 10 percent of the region’s mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, and grandparents. Our partners provide food and other services directly to those in need.
FAP(s): What exactly are Food Assistance Partners?
Food assistance partners are not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organizations that are passionate and prepared to serve the community. FAP(s) receive food and health education materials from the food bank and distribute them through the Washington metropolitan area to help create access to good, healthy food in every community. There are all types of food assistance partners. They include organizations that offer food-related services like meal and grocery programs, along with organizations that focus on job training and housing assistance. The food bank supplies the food so that these organizations can focus their resources on other services.
Are you interested in becoming a partner of the Capital Area Food Bank?
Here are a few questions to consider:
- Are you a 501(c)(3)?
- Do you have an operating budget?
- Do you want to provide food to the community for no charge on a regular basis?
- Do you have a safe, clean and secure place to store food?
- Do you have access to an e-mail account that you check regularly?
- Are you prepared to emphasize dignity and respect as you provide food in your community?
If you can confirm all of the above, scroll down to Get Started! If not, learn about other ways you can help.
Contact us and a member of our team will follow up and send you further details on:
- completing the application packet, including an operating budget and a business plan;
- setting up a site visit to see your space; and
- scheduling in-person trainings at the Capital Area Food Bank.
Maryland – Jeo Paz | email@example.com
Northern Virginia – Johnnie Dunlap | firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington, DC – Alex Davis | email@example.com