240 calories | 11g carbs | 12g fat (3g sat fat) | 25g protein | 340mg sodium | 4g fiber per serving
Serves 4 for $5.77
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 ½ cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add turkey and cook, breaking into small pieces with the back of a spoon.
- Add cabbage, carrot, and soy sauce and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove the cover and cook 5 more minutes.
- Serve with chopped peanuts on top.
Freshen it Up:
Add 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro.
Waste Less Food:
Slice the remaining leftover cabbage, toss with oil, and roast on a baking sheet for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.