162 calories | 22g carbs | 8g fat (4.6g sat fat) | 4g protein | 106mg sodium | 3g fiber per serving
Serves 12 for $4.22
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place the beans, 1/4 cup chocolate chips and oil into a food processor; cover, and process until blended.
- Add eggs, brown sugar, cocoa, vanilla, baking powder, and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a parchment paper-lined 8-in. square baking pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.