202 calories | 26g carbs | 2g fat (0.8g sat fat) | 6g protein | 152mg sodium | 5g fiber per serving
Serves 6 for $3.60
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can beans (black, kidney, or red), with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can low sodium diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the tortillas on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for a few minutes, then remove.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cilantro, and lime.
- Top each tortilla with about ½ cup filling and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 5 more minutes until the cheese is melted.
Keeping black beans, canned tomatoes, chili powder, and tortillas in stock in the kitchen make Tex Mex-inspired meals quick to prepare on a weeknight.
Switch It Out:
Try different kinds of beans in these, like red, pinto, or kidney beans.