318 calories | 55g carbs | 9g fat (1.2g sat fat) | 14g protein | 351mg sodium | 14g fiber per serving
Serves 4 for $5.15
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of pinto or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, pit and skin removed, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Stack tortillas and cut into quarters.
- Arrange on two baking sheets and bake 15 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- The chips will crisp as they cool.
- In a small bowl, mash the beans and avocado with the back of a fork or a potato masher.
- Add lemon and cilantro and stir to combine.
- Salt to taste.
- Enjoy spread on toast with a fried egg on top for a breakfast on the go.
- Fill a flour tortilla with lettuce, smashed bean and avocado dip, and cooked ground turkey for a hearty burrito.