275 calories | 29g carbs | 4g fat (1.9g sat fat) | 5g protein | 374mg sodium | 4g fiber per serving
Serves 8 for $6.12
- 1 acorn squash
- 3 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- 8 small flour tortillas (fajita sized)
- 1 can low salt corn, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Carefully, puncture the acorn squash with a sharp knife and place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake 40 minutes or until a fork can be easily inserted into the flesh.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut open the squash carefully; it will be steamy and hot inside. Remove the seeds.
- In a large bowl, combine the flesh of the acorn squash with the barbeque sauce and mix well, until smooth.
- Spread sauce onto tortillas, sprinkle with corn and cheese, and place on the baking sheet used to prepare the squash.
- Bake 10 minutes or until the cheese melts and the tortilla begins to brown around the edges.
Good Food Fast:
Prepare the acorn squash ahead of time and this recipe is quick to get to the table on a busy weeknight.