382 calories | 47g carbs | 13g fat (6g sat fat) | 19g protein | 380mg sodium | 2g fiber per serving
Serves 6 for $6.00
- 2 tablespoons oil plus more for greasing the pan
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) container low fat cottage cheese
- 2 large carrots, shredded using the large holes of a box grater
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and oil a 9×13 glass or metal baking dish.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook according to the package.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, carrots, eggs, raisins, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Add the cooked and drained egg noodles and combine.
- Pour into the greased baking dish and bake covered with aluminum foil for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 15 more minutes or until the casserole is bubbly and the edges are browned.
Waste Less Food:
Egg noodles generally come in 12 ounce packages. Cook the whole package and set aside the leftovers for a stir fry. Sauté chopped veggies in a large pan, add a little soy sauce, and set aside in the pan. Add 3 beaten eggs and cook until set. Toss in noodles.