Addressing Hunger Year-Round
Hunger never takes a vacation and the food bank could not nourish those in need without the assistance from volunteers. The Skilled Volunteering Program places individuals in long-term volunteer roles for a variety of CAFB projects.
Skilled Volunteering Process
- Review open positions listed below.
- If interested, complete a Skilled Volunteering Program form.
- Volunteer department staff review applications on a rolling basis and volunteers who meet the requirements will be contacted for a placement interview via phone.
- After the placement interview, the volunteer department will send the volunteer application and any other information to the department that the volunteer wants to work with. Volunteers should be contacted within a week by the department or should contact the volunteer department to follow up.
- Volunteer will begin working with the CAFB as a skilled volunteer. Training and orientation will be provided for volunteers by the respective department. We ask that these volunteers commit to volunteering regularly, meaning a regularly scheduled time slot that is mutually beneficial.