As we gear up for Blue Jeans Ball in a few months, we cannot help but acknowledge sponsors that make this great event possible. See the full listing here.
However, our Boot-Cut sponsor, Whole Foods Market, has not only generously provided for the occasion, but they continue to fight hunger with us on a consistent basis.
Just in the past year, Whole Foods Market has:
- Sponsored Blue Jeans Ball as a $50,000 Couture sponsor,
- Sponsored Empty Bowls with a $10,000 donation,
- Regularly donated fresh produce from local warehouses ,
- Provided weekly donations from its P Street store in Washington, DC,
- And in December, the Old Town Alexandria, VA store raised over $51,000 in food purchases through Grab-&-Give bags which will soon be redistributed to neighbors in need.
As we face a great need in the region, we are honored to have Whole Food Markets partner with us in closing the meal gap. Their extraordinary efforts in 2011 and continuing into 2012 demonstrates a valuable community partnership that helps us as we expand our reach within the Washington metropolitan area.
And on the eve of receiving Old Town’s Grab-&-Give donation, we’re happy to have Ken Meyer, President of Whole Food Market Mid-Atlantic Region share similar sentiments with us:
Leave a Reply